Thursday, February 10, 2005

50% less juice

OK, somebody got a big raise, and they didn't deserve it. I had seen this new phenomenon at the grocery store but now it has invaded the gas stations, too: Bottled juice with 50% less sugar! It's a big rip off.

Now let me preface this. As most of you know, I am a living oxymoron. Moron yes, but oxymoron more so. Although I am tempted with candy bars, etc., I also have the paradoxial desire to ingest nothing but the finest and purest foods and drinks. This said, when I saw some juice in the gas station today which claimed it had 50% less sugar, I investigated.

When I turn the bottle around, what do I see on the back? 50% juice. 50% juice??! I am used to that brand always saying 100% juice! What is going on here? The realization that the public has just been scammed sinks in. Ladies and not-so-gentlemen: What we have here is one bottle of juice which says 100% juice on it, and another which says 50% juice but claims 50% less sugar in the overall product. Do you get the picture? There are no other ingredient differences, and both bottles are the same size. In case you have played too many video games in your lifetime and are too slow to get the picture, THE 50% JUICE HAS 50% THE SUGAR SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS HALF WATERED DOWN!!! This is very disturbing. So what if I sold chocolate ice cream which claimed to have half the sugar, due to only half of it being ice cream? What if half of it were something else? (You decide.) Hey, they could start selling granulated sugar which has half the sugar, too! They could fill half of the bag with salt!! The worst part about this is that the company it self is making TWICE the profit. Think about it: Sell half the juice for the same price. Like I say, who ever came up with that, got a big raise for cheating us all! Sickening. Disturbingly gross-out. What a big laughable scam. What do they take me for? an idiot? Don't answer that.

0 Comebacks:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counters